I wish to contest my citation, what do I do?
If you wish to appear to contest your citation, report to court on the date listed on your citation.
If the citation does not require a mandatory appearance and you wish to plead NOT GUILTY, you may do so by mailing your request to:
Ozaukee County Circuit Court
ATTN: Traffic Clerk
P.O. Box 994
Port Washington, WI 53074
The request must be received BEFORE THE COURT DATE AND MUST INCLUDE a copy of the citation, your current address, and a statement that you wish to plead NOT GUILTY. If you plead not guilty by mail, please do not appear on the court date listed on the citation. Notice of the next court date, place, and time will be mailed to you.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain a transcript of my hearing?
2. How long are case files kept?
3. How do I find my case number and case information?
4. How do I get copies of documents in a case file?
5. I received a traffic citation. What should I do?
6. I wish to contest my citation, what do I do?
7. Can I request Clerk of Circuit Court office staff to change my court date?
8. I didn't show up for court. What happens now?
9. I have a warrant, what should I do?
10. My driver's license has been suspended because I didn't pay my fine. What should I do?
11. How can I reopen my civil traffic or forfeiture case?
12. How do I get a lawyer?
13. I posted bail. How do I get my bail money back?
14. My State tax refund was intercepted. What do I do?
15. How do I satisfy a judgment for a debt discharged in bankruptcy?
16. How do I exempt my vehicle from an ignition interlock order?
17. Where do I get forms to file for post-judgment action in family?
18. Where do I get forms to file for divorce?
19. Where do I get forms to file a small claims action?
20. I can't make my court date. How do I reschedule a court date?
21. What if there are no forms for my situation?
22. What form do I use that allows a party dissatisfied with the results of a hearing before the Family Court Commissioner to request a new hearing on the same issues before a circuit judge?