All documents must be filed to commence the adoption proceedings. Juvenile forms may be accessed on the Wisconsin Court System or Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. A packet of forms is also available from the Clerk of Courts Office for $5. A child over 14 years of age must attend the hearing.

Foreign Adoption Forms

Form NumberForm Name
JC-1645Petition for Adoption - Child / Adult
To initiate a proceeding in the court for approval of an adoption of a child or adult.
JC-1641Order for Hearing and Investigation - Adoptive Placement / Adoption
Court order directing an investigation for an adoptive placement and/or adoption.
Report of Adoption (not available on website)
Statistical form to amend birth certificate. A check for $40 payable to the Bureau of Vital Statistics for the birth certificate must be paid on the day of the hearing. If more than one copy is desired, please include $3 for each additional copy.
JC-1647Order for Adoption
Order formally indicating the court's decision to grant the adoption petition.
Ozaukee County FormReceipt for Medical / Genetic Information
Affidavit signed by the adopting parent acknowledging receipt of all medical / genetic information.
Consent to Adoption
Affidavit of a minor over 12 years of age consenting to their adoption.

Supporting Foreign Documents

  • Certified copy of foreign court documents with English translation
  • Investigative homes study report
  • Notice of release of medical / genetic information
  • Recommendation of agency / guardian

This guideline is provided as a public service and is not intended to be legal advice. If you have any questions about the form or the procedure, please contact an attorney as the Clerk of Courts cannot give legal advice.