Public Defender

To determine eligibility for representation, contact 262-335-5370

Court Appointed Counsel

If you do not qualify for public defender representation, you may file the below form to see if the court will appoint an attorney for you. 

Representing yourself

If you wish to waive your right to an attorney, and represent yourself in a criminal matter, you will need to file the below form.

Waiver of Preliminary Hearing Form

Plea Questionnaire Forms


You may not be able to expunge your record. Wisconsin law allows a judge to "expunge" a case in only two situations, both involving youthful offenders:

Misdemeanors committed by a person under 25. If the judge ordered expunction upon successful completion of the sentence, the record can be expunged. See §973.015, Wis. Stats.

Adjudication of a juvenile delinquent. A juvenile who has been adjudged delinquent can, upon reaching age 17, petition the judge for expunction of the juvenile adjudication. See §938.355, Wis. Stats. However, WI Circuit Courts Access (WCCA) database does not display juvenile adjudications because they are not public records.

An expunged case is sealed by the clerk of court and is available to be viewed only with a court order. If the judge properly orders a case expunged, any reference to it will be removed from WCCA. A judge has no other authority or power to expunge cases, and there are no similar provisions for other types of cases.

Expungement FAQ Brochure

For more information review the brochure from the Wisconsin's AG office: Removal of Arrest Information