Cedarburg Grade School  - Click picture to enlarge

CEDARBURG GRADE SCHOOL
Click photo above to enlarge

The building now known as the Lincoln Building was constructed in 1894 to serve as the Cedarburg Grade School. In the late 1940ís Arthur Webster was the principal and 8th grade teacher. There were 11 other teachers and 400 pupils at the time, and music and art classes had just been added. A fence had been erected to keep the children away from the interurban tracks visible in the foreground. The Cedarburg Cultural Center occupied the second floor of this building from 1988 to 1990, and it still houses the Senior Citizensí Center.