Information Available to Researchers:
Ozaukee County's Register of Deeds office maintains a tremendous amount
of important historical documents pertaining to the county. Historical documents
maintained in the office and accessible to the general public are listed below:
- Property Ownership
- Plat Maps
- United States Public Land Survey Section Maps
- Land Patents for the entire State of Wisconsin on CD-ROM - Ask for Damon
- Birth Records,
- Death Records
- Marriage Records
- The earliest registration dates for the above are as follows:
- Birth 1854,
- Death 1850,
- Marriage 1845
- Naturalization Records
- Population Census for the years - 1855, 1860, 1865 & 1880
- Miscellaneous Records Pertaining to:
- Religious Societies
- Agricultural Societies
- Farm/Estate Names
Users of Vital Records must do the following:
- Present satisfactory proof of identity.
- Read these rules and sign the agreement to abide by them.
- The following are not allowed in the records room:
- Private copy machines
- Children under twelve
- No Smoking
- Refrain from loud talking, laughing and noise making.
- Only pencils may be used.
- Please take trays with index cards to the tables to check. Do not lean on the
index card drawers while trying to copy information.
- Handle all books with care and respect.
- Return all books to their proper space.
- Do not place books on top of each other.
- Do not write in books.
- Only one verbal warning will be given. Continued violators will be asked to leave
- The Vital Statistic Law in
Wisconsin went into effect June 1, 1907 and the records
before that time are incomplete. We cannot make corrections
of the very old records. If you require copies on any
records, please consult with the office staff and they will
make the copies for you
Click here for cost
- Office staff can assist you in finding the proper records, however, they are not
at your disposal for checking records for you.
- Our office hours are 8:30 to 5:00 and phone number is 284-8260 (local) and
238-8260 (metro). Respect staff in the use of indexes and records.
Good luck in your research
Ronald A. Voigt
Register of Deeds