Program ContactPh: 262-284-8120
Toll Free: 866-537-4261
Taking Care of You: Powerful Tools for Family Caregiving
Powerful Tools for Caregiving is designed for family caregivers (no professional caregivers, please) of elders or persons impacted by serious illness or injury. Whether you are helping a spouse, parent, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country, it doesn't matter. What is important is that you are interested in learning some tools to help you in your caregiving role and to recognize that caring for others is not only rewarding, but at times stressful.
You will learn tools to:
- Communicate effectively with other family members, your doctor, and paid helpers
- Help reduce stress
- Help you relax
- Make tough decisions
- Reduce guilt, anger, and depression
- Set goals and solve problems
- Take care of yourself
NEXT CLASS- Spring 2018 Call for information on next date (262) 284-8120
The class is free, however, a $20 donation would be appreciated for the series to help cover the cost of materials.
You will receive a How-to-do-it Book to accompany the class content. This book contains 15 chapters including:
- Helping memory-impaired elders
- Hiring in-home help
- Making decisions about care facility placement
- Making decisions about driving
- Making legal and financial decisions
- Understanding depression
Past Participant Comments
- "I am grateful for having had the opportunity to participate in this class. Please keep offering it so you can help other people out there struggling with the same problems."
- "I was in crisis mode when I began the class. My mother was acting out in a major way, and the class helped me to handle this in a mature, productive way."
- "Besides discussing methods of coping, I enjoyed sharing laughs with people who understand caregiving situations."
- "I enjoyed the presentation and interaction (sharing) with other people. I learned to take care of myself and also how to take better care of Mom through the tools we were taught."